Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7313  
Subject: how to finish a hooked rug Date: 6/30/2012 4:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
DD is working on a hooked rug kit, and the instructions for finishing it off are confusing. Can anyone give me some instructions or a pointer to some simple instructions for her to use? I vaguely recall doing rug hooking when I was a kid, but I have no idea what I did to finish the project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7259 of 7313
Subject: Re: how to finish a hooked rug Date: 6/30/2012 4:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
As I recall, it involved the borders. Usually there was a small amount of backing left untouched, and this had to be folded back and sewn down.

I have a rug and some instructions at home, but I'm back at Mom's, and won't be home to verify this until Monday.

Nancy

Author: PipneyJane Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7260 of 7313
Subject: Re: how to finish a hooked rug Date: 7/3/2012 7:40 AM
From what I can recall use rug-boarder tape, a sort of extra heavy biased-binding. Hand sew that down with cross-hatched stitches.

- Pam (still hasn't made the rug after < cough > 9 years < / cough > )

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement