Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7313  
Subject: how to finish a hooked rug Date: 6/30/2012 4:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
DD is working on a hooked rug kit, and the instructions for finishing it off are confusing. Can anyone give me some instructions or a pointer to some simple instructions for her to use? I vaguely recall doing rug hooking when I was a kid, but I have no idea what I did to finish the project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7259 of 7313
Subject: Re: how to finish a hooked rug Date: 6/30/2012 4:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
As I recall, it involved the borders. Usually there was a small amount of backing left untouched, and this had to be folded back and sewn down.

I have a rug and some instructions at home, but I'm back at Mom's, and won't be home to verify this until Monday.

Nancy

Author: PipneyJane Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7260 of 7313
Subject: Re: how to finish a hooked rug Date: 7/3/2012 7:40 AM
From what I can recall use rug-boarder tape, a sort of extra heavy biased-binding. Hand sew that down with cross-hatched stitches.

- Pam (still hasn't made the rug after < cough > 9 years < / cough > )

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement