UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: luke5579 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308579  
Subject: How to fix credit score? Also why is it so low? Date: 8/15/2003 3:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My credit score is 592, this is horrible and I am not sure about how to go about fixing it. I just got approved for 110k house for 15 years at 5.75 so its not so bad I cant get a loan, but its still way too low.

I will list the items on my credit report below:

Credit Card - 7500 limit, 6800 balance
Credit Card - 6500 limit, 2000 balance
Truck Loan - 30 days late 1 time in 2000
Credit Card - 30 days late 1 time in 2002
Jeep Loan - 30 days late 1 time in 2003
Credit Card - 7500 limit, 50 dollar balance
Dept store - 3000 limit, 200 balance
Dept store - 1000 limit, 300 balance
lowes card - 2500 limit, 300 balance
Credit card - 1000 limit, 100 balance
Credit card - 5000 limit, 400 balance
Car loan - 6,000 balance, 275 per month
Car loan - 6,000 balance, 300 per month
dept store - 1000 limit, no balance
dept store - 1000 limite, no balance
dept store - 1000 limite, no balance

20 credit inquiries in 2003(some me pulling my own credit).

Should I pay off all these small balances and close the cards? Should I leave the credit cards active with no balances? Alot of these are ones that my wife had when we got married.

I need to know what would be the best way to get my credit score higher. If I need to consolidate these into one I can do that as well.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Back to the Future Buffalo Wild Wings
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement