No. of Recommendations: 1
How to go about proving a neural network can explain the phenomenon described?

We're getting way outside my field. The brute force way would be to build such a thing ("HAL"). There may be more elegant (and do-able at our current level of technology) ways. I'm not entirely sure.

"Good morning, Dave."

What kind of network operates with both halves of the brain separated?

Not sure what you're getting at here. Are you talking about people who have had their hemispheres separated? I believe that often does result in strange and unexpected things. If you're just talking about the existence of two hemispheres, they do talk to each other across the junction. In fact, while left and right motor control is very specific to a hemisphere, other things are not. Including abstract reasoning, I believe.

This is really a cool area of inquiry. I'm afraid I probably can't do it justice. I've read some, and I watch NOVA all the time (and they do programs on the brain from time to time). But I never studied it in a formal setting.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement