UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tplumus Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: How to handle this? Date: 5/7/2002 2:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'd appreciate your advice on this:

I really, really, really want to get a new credit card because my current one (Wells Fargo Financial Bank) refuses to lower my interest rate (they are charging 23%) and will not waive the annual fee. The annual fee is going up to $50 in August.

I don't understand this company because I always pay my bill ahead of the due date; many many times paid more than the minimum and many, many times paid my balance in full.

I inherited this card. In 1999, I had an account with Green Tree, then that changed to Conseco and again it changed to the current WF Financial Bank.

So I really want to get a new cc that does not charge an annual fee and one that has low interest rate. I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations for a new cc company?

I'm not sure how to go about getting a new cc.

(1)Should I close my current card and then apply for a new card?
(My balance is $0.)

I only have this one card so when I close it, I won't have a credit card. I can live without a cc for awhile but don't know how it would look to a creditor when I apply for a new cc and don't have any open cards. I have several ccards on my credit report -- ones that I closed first and paid off.

(2) Or is it better to get a new cc first and then close my current card?

I just don't know how either of the above actions will look on my credit report. I'm paranoid that something negative will show on my credit report because I handled this the wrong way. Thanks so much for your help. This is a great board. I am very appreciative of all the information posted here and all the contributors.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement