No. of Recommendations: 0
How to?
How did you do it? It's my turn now. Thanks.

I assume you mean how to transfer your accounts. All you have to do is contact the firm you want to transfer the account to and they will walk you through the process. In my case I transferred my taxable accounts to Schwab and my IRAs to Vanguard. You may want to ensure that any mutual funds you have can transfer without having to be sold so you don't incur any unwanted capital gains. If they are in taxable accounts that is.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.