UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ringo714 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 266466  
Subject: how to or should I Date: 10/10/2012 11:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I picked my 15 stocks to watch but have limited funds. Should I pick some of the fifteen or divide by all 15 to invest? Why?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ephillipsme Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259458 of 266466
Subject: Re: how to or should I Date: 10/10/2012 11:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I would diversify as best you can, if you are using a discount broker like e-trade you can buy odd lot shares and pay the 9.99 fee even for as little as 10 Shares. this is a good way to diversify by making more smaller purchases to get established.

Author: philippalmer Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259460 of 266466
Subject: Re: how to or should I Date: 10/10/2012 2:17 PM
Recommendations: 1
One thing to keep in mind is tyring to keep your transaction costs low, typically below 2%. So for example if you are buying 10 shares of a 100 dollar stock and paying 9.99, 10x100= $1000, the 9.99 would be a mere 1% and that would be good. If you bought 10 $10 shares, 9.99 would be 10% of your cost.

Author: seymore350 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259477 of 266466
Subject: Re: how to or should I Date: 10/12/2012 2:45 PM
Riingo,

I'll give you my idea of a good portifilo. This is from the view of a retired person-but I belive it would work well for anyone. I like dividens, plain and simple. If a younger person re-inveasted the dividens(buying more shares), when you are ready to withdraw from your portifilo, you gave nice gains. Also, I try to keep a couple of growth stocks than delive faster gains.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement