No. of Recommendations: 0
I apologize if this topic was explored previously; it's difficult for me to search these boards.

I am adding a deck with a 4 season room to my home. I have the cash to pay outright. I have heard that a home improvement loan, with low rate, and tax deductible interest would be a better long term strategy allowing me to instead invest my cash.

I also know that refinancing my home (2 years into mortgage with more owed than home currently valued) is probably one of the best long term investments of all.

Should I now use the cash (as an investment in my home) to potentially raise the value of my home and more likely make a refi possible?

Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Also - who can I turn to assist me in a professional capacity to help me with these decisions?

-Christian
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement