Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: EUfool One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 265  
Subject: How to Save on Children's Clothes Date: 3/4/2002 2:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
As Mother Theresa used to say, a drop of water is nothing but what would the ocean be without drops of water?

I am currently a volunteer for the Indian Charity City of Joy Aid, and have organized a sale which saves me money to buy children's clothes at the same time it makes money for charity.

Here's how it works: organize a consignment sale for your school, church or community for childrens' clothes. Some people will give you the clothes directly and do not expect any money back, and some prefer that you sell their clothes and give them a percentage of what you sell (30 to 50 %).

During the consignment sale you sell your own children's clothes, making money at the same time you buy from other people what you need for your own children at highly discounted prices. Usually you end up making more money than you spend, plus you get all the clothes your kids will need for the coming year.

I organize similar sales for toys and books. I don't believe it is worth it to organize such a sale for adult clothing because people usually bring things out of style and the adults want to try on the clothes, whereas with kids clothes nobody bothers to try them on their kids.

This recycling effort is very motivating for your children and teaches them about helping charities at the same time you save money.

Good luck,

Joyce
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement