UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 190150  
Subject: How to unstack toolbar thumbs? Date: 3/12/2010 8:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
With XP and Vista open window thumbs were in the bottom tray/toolbar, side by side. Windows 7, however, just shows the IE icon and if I have 5 windows open, there'll be 5 IE icons stacked up. That does me no good whatsoever.

I give props to 7's thumb previews when scrolling over the IE icons, but with past OS's I didn't have to scroll over to see what other windows I had open, or to have an indication as to what pages they were.

Any suggestions on how to make the toolbar have better previews, without scrolling over? Anything would be better than a bunch of "e" thumbs stacked one upon the other.

Paul T.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ResidentMike Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162513 of 190150
Subject: Re: How to unstack toolbar thumbs? Date: 3/12/2010 8:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Right click your taskbar --> properties

Under "Taskbar buttons" you have 3 options. "Never combine" or "Combine when taskbar is full" is probably what you're looking for.

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162514 of 190150
Subject: Re: How to unstack toolbar thumbs? Date: 3/12/2010 9:58 PM
Thanks Mike! I feel foolish (with a small "f") when I can't find simple settings.

Paul T.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162515 of 190150
Subject: Re: How to unstack toolbar thumbs? Date: 3/12/2010 10:21 PM
Recommendations: 1
You could also try opening tabs instead of windows.

PSU

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162517 of 190150
Subject: Re: How to unstack toolbar thumbs? Date: 3/13/2010 10:42 AM
You could also try opening tabs instead of windows

I don't like tabs, never use them.

Paul T.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement