UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: altstrat91 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35387  
Subject: Re: Williams Clayton’s 7.75’s of  Date: 2/3/2013 4:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
howard.

the stumble into your avaya position was rather entertaining to say the least.

i should amplify the fact that i do not advocate nor implement a buy and hold strategy unless special circumstances exist like with texas industries.

i have made several round trips into avaya notes in the last couple years; actually three if you count my current position. you are correct; their financials are a mess and the ipo getting put off is a potential disaster to the say the least.

my entry points into avaya each time was based on a scalping methodology algo that i have programmed. the neat thing about bond price action is that buys and sells are extremely transparent so you can really get a clear gauge of liquidity along with supply and demand both on the buy and sell side if you have the proper analytical tools.

so each time i put a position on with avaya was when i was alerted by my algo to do so, but basically for a scalp. i am pretty much looking to exit my current holding in avaya, once this latest leg loses some steam. currently as you know, there is a good sized bid here for avaya notes in the $95 handle. a 5% discount to par is the highest these bonds have traded for quite along time now.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement