Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: AverageJo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36686  
Subject: How'd you' dago? Date: 1/3/2002 11:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
Unlike television listings, all times are PST.

05:40.. Phone call from Yuma... one of my tenants set the house on fire.

06:10.. Stop for gas in San Diego, get an Egg McMuffin, fill the TravelMug with McCaffeine and hit Interstate 8.

07:25.. Ocotillo Flats, CA: "Sir, may I see your drivers license and registration please (I hear that a lot.)

08:50.. Yuma, AZ; the tenant's not hurt, (figures) but the structure's a write off. (I need a tax write-off like I need a gap down in PRGN. You might begin to see where I'm going with this.))

11:15.. I tell the waitress, "Give me a green burrito, two chicken-soft-tacos and a large Dr. Pepper to go," then eat it on the road while running down the local contractors I need.

12:10.. Maybe it was the tacos, maybe the burrito, maybe just the way I ate it all too fast, but suddenly it's deja-phueey as I lose it all.

1:30.. Clean up crew arrives at the house, I pay the foreman an advance, work starts.

2:05.. Gas up car, hit the Interstate.

2:53.. "Sir, I clocked you doing... hey, haven't I stopped you going the other way this morning?" (Yes, I recognize the friendly Gestapo smile.)

4:10.. Arrive at the infamous I-5/805 merge; 10 lanes of homesick commuters trying to merge into six at the rush hour -- 6 miles and 27 minutes later, I'm finally out of first gear.

5:02.. Back home. My wife hands me a dry martini, I sit down to relax, get online and ....what? PRGN gapped down? I check my trades, yup, stop executed this morning @10.58. Four point loss.... Well, $#it!

5:15.. I go out to the mailbox to get my mail. I wave hello to my neighbor across the street. Nice guy that he is, he waves back and says:

"Hey, how'd your dago?"

No, I didn't kill him. So, how did your day go?

~josie

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement