Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dolmsteadjr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 70  
Subject: Re: when issued trading commences Date: 3/9/2011 1:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Howdy,
Long time no hear. Finally someone else besides you and I. Very insightful explanation for the Emergence process. I just sold (Too early it looks) my HHC and had taken some of my $12 ggp and sold it as well. Just had to buy into POT after the their split. I made nice money sometime back so I thought this might be a good opp to diversify keeping some of my ggp. It looks like I bought it high and so I am looking at averaging once I see what the down trigger is. (Oil, libya I think)

Now my question becomes how did you ever find ggp? I found it when I heard Simon was interested and that is when I got in at 12. I did the DD then because I didn't want another KMART/ENRON on my books (I came to the conclusion Adamately I might add) I bought what I could afford with the intent of watching it like a hawk and I thought Either Simin would up the ante or a White Knight would come. The dumb speculater thing I screwed up on was I didn't sell and get back in later. I, like everyone else do some wisha, coulda, shoulda 20/20 hindsight. Just the same I am tickeled with the result and looking forward to POT moving up and fixing my little devastated account. These days I do try to be more cautious, Doing the Monkey at the WSJ definitely does not work. I also believe Rockefeller when I remember his statement, "When the shoeshine boy is giving stock advice, time to sell."

Anywho, thanks for being an excellent sounding board w/o prejudice.

Lastly, THE DOGS are in the "Big Dance". Get your Blue and White out again. Have a good one. DAve
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement