UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 56891  
Subject: Re: Medicare Buy-in for 55-year-olds? Date: 12/11/2009 11:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
However, on the 'government plan', the healthy have to subsidize the truly pathetic FAT OBESE slobs, the six pack a day smokers, the coke heads and those who have never brushed their teeth in their lives, or know what vitamins are. - tele
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ouch! Tele, what am I going to do with you? I guess I should take some comfort in the fact that one day you will know what it meant and how it felt to be me. You know how people say that right after they died their life flashed before their eyes? Well, guess what? You know what goes along with that? This "Instantly becoming everyone you came in contact with in your entire life (feeling their emotions, thinking their thoughts, living their experiences, learning their motives behind their actions)." ...excerpt from The Life Review
http://near-death.com/experiences/research24.html

It's a holographic universe thing. You reap what you sow. The way you judge others is how you shall be judged. It's all part of that "do unto others as you would have them do unto you.' The way you treat others is how you will be treated. Capisce? And by the way, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not. Belief is irrelevant. Acceptance is irrelevant. Agreement is irrelevant. One day you will know how I felt when I read nasty comments like the one you posted above. You really need to learn how to be compassionate.

Genes Take Charge, and Diets Fall by the Wayside
By GINA KOLATA

"So Dr. Hirsch and his colleagues, including Dr. Rudolph L. Leibel, who is now at Columbia University, repeated the experiment and repeated it again. Every time the result was the same. The weight, so painstakingly lost, came right back. But since this was a research study, the investigators were also measuring metabolic changes, psychiatric conditions, body temperature and pulse. And that led them to a surprising conclusion: fat people who lost large amounts of weight might look like someone who was never fat, but they were very different. In fact, by every metabolic measurement, they seemed like people who were starving.

Before the diet began, the fat subjects’ metabolism was normal — the number of calories burned per square meter of body surface was no different from that of people who had never been fat. But when they lost weight, they were burning as much as 24 percent fewer calories per square meter of their surface area than the calories consumed by those who were naturally thin.

The Rockefeller subjects also had a psychiatric syndrome, called semi-starvation neurosis, which had been noticed before in people of normal weight who had been starved. They dreamed of food, they fantasized about food or about breaking their diet. They were anxious and depressed; some had thoughts of suicide. They secreted food in their rooms. And they binged."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/08/health/08fat.html?_r=1&...

Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Why is Everyone Still Earnings-Obsessed?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement