No. of Recommendations: 0
[However, the recently passed "technical corrections" legislation and proposed IRS Roth IRA regulations present an opportunity to create a commingled Roth IRA, which would accept both annual contributions and conversions. Final details are still being determined, but Fidelity plans to transition to a commingled Roth IRA registration in early 1999."]

Great news! I recently sent a letter asking Waterhouse Securities to deposit $2,000 in my traditional IRA (current balance $0) and immediately rollover the balance to my Roth rollover IRA. This should work but it would be far easier to go direct.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.