Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
However your posting "Also, if you are in a dark room, it does not recognize you." was not a statement of experience, but rather a statement of fact.

So, I'm guessing you completely overlooked this statement, "I've personally found the face recognition to be a PITA. "

You posted this: Not True. My 10 recognizes me all the time in rooms as dark as a movie theater, and walking down a dark hallway (no lights at all). My wife had problems until she reset the face scanning.

And this: Again, not even close to true. Especially with apps that require secondary proof of owner (Banks, password programs, Brokerages, etc.). I can lift the iPhone X, blink once to unlock, and if the Brokerage program was running when it closed down, keep looking and it logs me right in.

Rather than qualifying to express there may be a difference between how YOU use the iPhone and how I use the iPhone, you made it a statement of fact. I prefaced it as an opinion.

Also, there may be large differences between YOUR idea of "dark" and MY idea of "dark" (and I personally think that to be a true statement), and there may be differences between your method of using the iPhone and my method of using the iPhone (again, I personally think that to be a true statement).

One thing you posted which tells me that is EXACTLY the situation is that we use our phones quite differently is that you specifically posted, "I can lift the iPhone X, blink once to unlock, and if the Brokerage program was running when it closed down, keep looking and it logs me right in." That was one of my points. I have mine set that I do not have to look at it, but it does not always work. I posted, "With the thumbprint, I could pick the phone up without looking at it, and handle everything via voice." If I have to actually look at it, it is less useful to me. This may not be an issue for you.

Please do not tell me I am wrong when you have not properly read what I have posted.

Kathleen
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement