Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CM001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 14367  
Subject: HP lessons learned Date: 11/22/2012 12:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Dont bet against Jim Chanos. If he is short then don't go long on that stock. Just stay away, if you don't want to short.

What do you call a stoic that is down 90%? A stock that went down by 80% and then lost another 50%.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: stillwater9999 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12928 of 14367
Subject: Re: HP lessons learned Date: 11/22/2012 3:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
It is also valuable to contrast HP with some of the smaller firms I have invested in

HP...uncertain strategy,shuffle of high profile managers, disastrous allocation of capital, negative shareholder returns

ARDNA,ATRI,BKE...well defined strategy,dedicated managers,large insider ownership,excellent capital allocation, large rewards to shareholders

Sw

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement