No. of Recommendations: 4

The best advice I can offer is for you to go to the boglehead forum, sign up (free), then ask the same question. The folks over there really know their stuff, much more so than here. I'm not saying that the folks here don't have good advice to offer, but the boglehead folks really get into offering specific help. If you don't know, the boglehead forum is frequently by some real experts on investing, mostly from the Vanguard school of thought. Personally, I would suggest that you roll everything over into Vanguard, which offers excellent equity and fixed income mutual funds, with the lowest expense ratios around. I would get away from Merrill Lynch as fast as possible, as they are worthless and care only about getting as much of your money in fees as possible. Sounds like you are in good financial shape, but you certainly could do with some organization and lower fees. Good luck.
Print the post  

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.