Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 196062  
Subject: Huckabee on Dem Hypocrisy &Cognitive Dissonance Date: 10/5/2012 8:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"Just when you think politics can’t sink any deeper into the mud, they rent a back hoe. This week, Obama’s campaign website posted a letter from a young woman with Down Syndrome. She wrote that she works and pays taxes, but because she gets some government support, she’s one of the 47 percent that Mitt Romney doesn’t care about. It’s sad that she’s been convinced of such a false idea, and it’s sickening to use her to score political points. I know of no Republicans who begrudge help to those who genuinely need it. But I do know the Democratic Convention was practically a four-day infomercial for taxpayer-paid abortion, for any reason. Today, as many as 91 percent of babies diagnosed prenatally with Down Syndrome are aborted. If you’re going to claim to be the only party that cares about people with Down Syndrome, seems to me the least you could do is defend their right to live."
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bdhinton Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183285 of 196062
Subject: Re: Huckabee on Dem Hypocrisy &Cognitive Dissona Date: 10/5/2012 8:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If you’re going to claim to be the only party that cares about people with Down Syndrome, seems to me the least you could do is defend their right to live.

There's a right to live alright. Just no right to be born :-/

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183297 of 196062
Subject: Re: Huckabee on Dem Hypocrisy &Cognitive Dissona Date: 10/5/2012 12:02 PM
Recommendations: 4
My niece has Down Syndrome, and I can tell you how much she has benefited from the policies in place in the last few years, and how the Affordable Care Act will also help her.

Romney doesn't care about anyone other than the upper 1%, and it's time he stopped lying, which isn't very Christian of him. Then again a good many folks on this board including "Josh" don't think he is Christian.

Charlie

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183302 of 196062
Subject: Re: Huckabee on Dem Hypocrisy &Cognitive Dissona Date: 10/5/2012 1:32 PM
Recommendations: 2
"Just when you think politics can’t sink any deeper into the mud, they rent a back hoe. "

I have never thought JR could not sink any deeper in the mud, but now I understand how JR gets so deep, digging with a backhoe!

Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183305 of 196062
Subject: Re: Huckabee on Dem Hypocrisy &Cognitive Dissona Date: 10/5/2012 10:32 PM
Recommendations: 7
Today, as many as 91 percent of babies diagnosed prenatally with Down Syndrome are aborted. If you’re going to claim to be the only party that cares about people with Down Syndrome, seems to me the least you could do is defend their right to live."

The problem comes after they are born. Then they must have care, expensive life-long care in many cases. Who would you say is more worthy of our compassion and support, a 1rst trimester embryo with clearly understood health issues or a three year old growing up in a dysfunctional environment? You may say why not help both, but this is not the signals we here form the republicans.

As an observer of the republicans and the conservative right, it appears to me that they view anyone who receives government assistance as a welfare queen. A favorite target is medicaid, and make no mistake that medicaid is very expensive. The reality is that the bulk of medicaid money goes to care for the elderly, the disabled and children. Yes, there are some welfare queens out there, and many have three years-olds. You can play hardball with the mother, but it is the child who will suffer.

I know you have a heavy heart about the issue of abortion, however I think you focus on that to the exclusion of the already-born. We have no shortage of people who need help and care. Dare I say it would be better for all if the only babies that were born were those who were wanted by families that are capable of caring for them. My view may seem harsh to you, but life is harsh, and sometimes hard choices need to be faced.

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183306 of 196062
Subject: Re: Huckabee on Dem Hypocrisy &Cognitive Dissona Date: 10/6/2012 5:44 AM
Recommendations: 2
The problem comes after they are born. Then they must have care, expensive life-long care in many cases. Who would you say is more worthy of our compassion and support, a 1rst trimester embryo with clearly understood health issues or a three year old growing up in a dysfunctional environment? You may say why not help both, but this is not the signals we here form the republicans.

========================================================================

The sad thing is if you aren't on "Josh's" ignore list, you will be now. They are more interested in their spewing than an honest discussion. I loved you post, because I have said this same thing for years.

Charlie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement