Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
For those interested in discussing the weather, and its impact on the economy, stock market, etc., I requested that this board be re-activated.

Feel free to post anything weather-related here. I'm a meteorologist, love to talk about this stuff, and don't mind answering weather questions if you have any. :-)

Anyway, couldn't help but notice there were some incredible storms that plowed through parts of Michigan and Ohio yesterday (Friday, May 21). A friend of mine that lives up there said a lot of people he knows are having serious issues with falling trees, flooding, electrical outages, etc. Hope everyone up there is doing OK, all things considered.
Print the post Back To Top
I'm in Erie, PA and we get Michigan's table scraps :) May has been unusually wet and stormy, with minor tornado activity and lots of flooding in greater Erie county. We've had only 3 days in May that were totally precipitation-free.

Erie city has been spared the worst of things, with much of the truly nasty weather getting pushed back out onto the lake by fronts, or pushed farther south.

Richard
I'm in Erie, PA and we get Michigan's table scraps :)

LOL, I guess that's true. ;-) You guys sure get your fair share and then some of snow in the wintertime, though, I imagine.
You guys sure get your fair share and then some of snow in the wintertime, though, I imagine.

Erie likes to complain about the winters, but it's usually not all that bad. If the lake fails to freeze completely or conditions are right, we can get considerable snow, but it's rarely enough to shut down the city. Buffalo prefers the lake not to freeze, since the westerly winds often blow the snow off the frozen lake and dump it onshore right in their lap. But open water usually means copious snow for us.

Richard
Advertisement