UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736232  
Subject: Hugs for arrete Date: 10/13/2012 12:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
her Nats gave up four runs in the ninth to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: gurdison Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648564 of 736232
Subject: Re: Hugs for arrete Date: 10/13/2012 1:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Maybe AOL can console her. The Nats were one strike away from winning this series. Last year the Rangers needed one more strike to win the WS in two different innings and did not do it.

A little more salt in the wound. There has NEVER been a team in the history of MLB who lost a deciding postseason game after having a lead as big as Washington had tonight (6-0 in the third inning). So they at least make the record books in their loss.

There have certainly been some very visable meltdowns by closers in this years playoffs. It's a little bit different compared to most of the very easy saves that many closers pile up during the regular season.

B

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648568 of 736232
Subject: Re: Hugs for arrete Date: 10/13/2012 2:07 AM
her Nats gave up four runs in the ninth to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

And the Orioles had bases loaded with one out in the eighth and were unable to take advantage of it. Sucks to be a good guy today.

--fleg

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648569 of 736232
Subject: Re: Hugs for arrete Date: 10/13/2012 2:24 AM
Was out eating sushi and watched Argo tonight so I missed the game. Saw the recap on ESPN Sportscenter. Oh my what an absolute heartbreaker for the Nats. 4 runs in 9th to win it for the
Cards!?!! There must have been a river of tears in that stadium. And the fans all looked so cute with their matching red shirts.
So sorry arrete. That must be tough. I had the biggest sob story with the Texas Rangers up till now. Man, I bet that issue with sitting Strasburg out is going come roaring back.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648578 of 736232
Subject: Re: Hugs for arrete Date: 10/13/2012 9:21 AM
---------------

I know. Sadness. And it's worse than you think because my brother was rooting for the Cards. He's going to be unbearable.

It's a young team, though, and there's always next year. Certainly beats 2011.

arrete

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648610 of 736232
Subject: Re: Hugs for arrete Date: 10/13/2012 12:06 PM
Recommendations: 1
Ugh, I can't root for the Cards... 2006. I shudder to see a rematch. I'd rather face the Giants even if it means later games.

Go Tigers!

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648611 of 736232
Subject: Re: Hugs for arrete Date: 10/13/2012 12:37 PM
I forgot about Rally Squirrel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk0vDEoTTEc

arrete

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement