Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MCMarathoner Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10679  
Subject: Re: BAD investor relations Date: 3/22/2000 9:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
Huh????

Let me say that normally, I am sensitive to customers concerns as expressed on this board but how did this thread turn from investor relations to customer service? And we've gone from the sublime to the, well, ridiculous...

On 1/11 Russell Moss didn't like that the Investors relations page hadn't changed since 11/29/99 Okay, I get it. Hey E*trade dudes, update your site.

On 1/28/99 Ramlakhan said I think the whole site is horrible. Although I'm a regular Ameritrade customer, I decided to roll over a 401(K) into an IRA with E-Trade (without really trying out the site). I've been visiting the site while waiting for my account to register, and already I'm thinking about moving my account from E-Trade. Also had a terrible time completing the on-line application

Huh?????

And now Pamelia, you had a bad experience starting a new account.

I totally agree about a ETrade being a bad site. And in my case, not a secure one either. When I kept going back to see if my account was open, most of the time I didnt need a password. I told them this but it was ignored... Lovely. I kept asking via e-mail when my account would be open as it didnt show any funds in it. They told me it was, but I guess never checked to see why I couldnt make any trades. I finally asked for the third time and they said the account had been open since March 12, which was TEN days earlier. No trades were able to be made, so I finally gave up as my check never cleared the bank. I wrote just yesterday to tell them I wanted the account closed..no reply yet. I probably wont have one either. Also,it might also be this way with other online brokerages ..but a phone call netted me "at least a 45 minute wait" ..the message from ETrade when I called. NO thank you.

Pamelia, if you go back and re read your post, does it make sense to you? Can I go on the E*Trade site and get access to your account???? Are you aware that online account set-up and funds availability are two different things???? Hey, no funds, no trades... Wow, what a concept. Trying to get customer service on high volume, volatile days???? Good luck and welcome to the real world, remember when people would get really annoyed when they had to wait in line at the bank while someone had their interest totalled up in their passbook??? Did you email them about closing your account???? I'll bet that they'll want something in writing to close your account.

I'd suggest that you get a full-service broker. The fees you pay for their services will be money well-spent. It'll give you peace of mind and they'll send you Xmas cards.

Normally not this cranky but you all should hear yourselves,
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement