No. of Recommendations: 0
British woman nearly died after tapeworms burrowed into her BRAIN while she was volunteering in Madagascar

Sherry Fuller, 40, caught pork tapeworms from contaminated food or water
She experienced headaches and seizures when she returned to England
Doctors thought she may be suffering with a brain tumour, TB or even HIV
Finally diagnosed with neurocysticercosis - brain cysts caused by larvae
Was then given worming tablet to kill larvae but reacted badly to medication
Needed to take steroids, anti-epileptic drugs and took 2 years to recover


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2321229/British-wo...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


----

Arrgh..remind me not to catch brainworms in Madagascar!


t.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement