UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Ippster Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 644  
Subject: Humidifier Date: 2/18/2009 9:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Our house is extremely dry and I want to get some estimates on adding a humidifier to our heating system. We have Standard Oil for our maintenance but not sure I want to use them for this.
Anyone recommendations?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 631 of 644
Subject: Re: Humidifier Date: 2/20/2009 9:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Ippster - I am also in CT -

When I had my laundry room not in my basement, in the winter I vented the dryer inside.
(just covered the end with a pantyhose leg to collect the lint)

and that made a HUGE diference - but was a little irregular based on laundry days.

peace & just an idea
t

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 632 of 644
Subject: Re: Humidifier Date: 2/23/2009 8:22 AM
When I had my laundry room not in my basement, in the winter I vented the dryer inside.
(just covered the end with a pantyhose leg to collect the lint)

and that made a HUGE difference - but was a little irregular based on laundry days.

That was the setup when we moved to this house. The basement often smelled like laundry.

I remember hearing that it might not be entirely safe (fire, mold), but I don't remember all the details. Googling "dryer venting inside" offers some comments:

http://www.mlive.com/homeandgarden/index.ssf/2008/01/is_it_o...

http://fixitnow.com/appliantology/dryervent_ultimate.htm

http://www.abbysguide.com/clothes-dryer/content/shouldyouven...

~~ Alison

Author: Ippster Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 633 of 644
Subject: Re: Humidifier Date: 2/23/2009 8:28 PM
What part of CT are you in? I'm in Fairfield County.

I have to try the pantyhose idea. Thanks!

Ipp

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 634 of 644
Subject: Re: Humidifier Date: 2/24/2009 5:29 AM
I am in Litchfield County (Thomaston) when I am home.

Right now I am working in the Netherlands, but I do want to try a *gathering* of CT Fools sometime in the spring - there are about a dozen (that I know of)

peace & hi Neighbor
t

Author: Ippster Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 635 of 644
Subject: Re: Humidifier Date: 2/28/2009 10:13 PM
Sounds good to me. Pls keep me posted.

Ipp

Author: Odee Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 636 of 644
Subject: Re: Humidifier Date: 4/16/2009 11:32 AM
I'm still waiting for spring LOL it'll probably be nice this weekend since I'll be in NoVA/DC...just like when I went to KC. I should have placed a bet at Mohegan last night LOL

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement