UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: InvestMechanic Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75383  
Subject: Hurray For Ignore Fool Button! Date: 5/14/2007 9:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I'm the type of personality that when someone is disrepectful or just plain mean and obnoxious, or has started a fight, I will run to that fight and fight to the bloody end. Now I'm older and life is too short to get into pissing matches. I don't mind respectful disagreement with anyone. I don't ask anyone to agree with me on any issue nor do I try and persuade people anymore to see things my way. If they don't agree, fine! I move on. You can't change minds anyway especially with some of the opinionated folks here at TMF. (like myself)

So knowing that I will take after someone like a pit-bull and that the inevitable consequences of those kinds of heated battles usually end up wasting my time and energy, I have decided that I'm just going to P-Box and ignore those individuals who want to keep arguing about things that I've already told them is a settled issue in my mind.

When I write something, any reader can arrive at their own inferences on the original intent or meaning of my writings, correctly or incorrectly. But only I know the true motivation and reason for what I wrote and once I have made that perfectly clear when there is a disagreement, there will always remain a few knuckleheads who wish to prove that I did not say what only I know what I tried to say. I don't have to listen that if I don't want to. So in those situations, I no longer will have any dialogue with those kind of people and I urge you to do the same with me if I get arrogant and condescending with you and think that I know better than you what you really meant.

It's sad in one way because the first guy I put on FoolIgnore was someone whose writings, in my view, had some merit. But I'm happy not to read anymore of this person's views because I just don't want to get into pissing matches anymore.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Thank you TMF for providing a web feature that leaves me blissfully ignorant. Out of sight, out of mind.

Retired Fighter
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement