Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57325  
Subject: Hurricane Sandy Date: 10/30/2012 10:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
How did everyone fare during the storm? We are a family and we are concerned about our family members.

I am in south Florida. We really dodged the bullet here. Some piers were damaged and several beaches overflowed onto the highway. We are still cleaning sand off the main highway, as every high tide sweeps more water up onto the road. But we did remarkably well compared to the rest of the east coast.

If you have power and can check in here, please do so.

Thanks.

Verna
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56587 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 10/30/2012 11:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
V

We got some rain and wind here in Central VA but most of the Strum and Drang was north of here. (And snow west of here)

Ed

Jack,

What's it like getting snow in OCT?

Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56588 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 10/30/2012 12:38 PM
Recommendations: 3
Our house is fine and some friends who lost power are moving in since we are still in Israel. We were supposed to leave tonight but our flight was canceled. Hopefully we will get out of here Thursday night. I am so ready for my own bed.
Shelley

Author: jackjg1947 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56589 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 10/31/2012 9:30 AM
Warm and sunny here in Buffalo...as usual.

(...and then I woke up!) Actually, not bad weather.

JG

Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56590 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 10/31/2012 11:39 AM

This is how I always picture Buffalo. In July,..., for a couple of days.
How's Mrs. Crankypants and the brood? Have you run the CyberYugo around the block a few times?

Glad you missed the brunt of Sandy like we did.

Ed

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56591 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 10/31/2012 2:28 PM

How about kicking some of that over to Erie? Cold and wet here, as usual.

Richard

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56592 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 10/31/2012 3:38 PM
I just read through the posts and I really hope everyone is okay. Hugs to all of you who were, and still are, dealing with this hybrid storm and the aftermath.

Author: catfyre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56593 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 10/31/2012 4:43 PM
It sounds like this has been a very lucky group.

(we must be doing something right ;o)

cat

Author: CoffeeladyinFL Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56594 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 10/31/2012 8:04 PM
I'm in the middle of central Florida. We had wind gusts up to 40mph.

Linda

Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56595 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 11/1/2012 6:59 AM
So far it is looking good for our flight out of here tonight. At least we'll be back in time to vote. Would have hated it if my candidate lost PA by 2 votes and I was sitting in Israel.

Shelley

Author: catfyre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56596 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 11/1/2012 1:13 PM
We've got our fingers crossed for you.

(...and a certain fella may need those two votes ;o)

Do you fly directly to Phillie? - or first to NY?

cat

Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56597 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 11/2/2012 5:36 PM
Recommendations: 6
HOME!!!!!!!

Author: CoffeeladyinFL Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56598 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 11/2/2012 8:01 PM
Glad to hear ya'll made it home.

Linda

Author: catfyre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56599 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 11/3/2012 8:26 PM
GOOD!
TO!
HEAR!
IT!

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56600 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 11/3/2012 11:16 PM
Welcome back, hugs.

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56601 of 57325
Subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Date: 11/4/2012 6:55 PM
Wlcome home Shelley and Jerry!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement