Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MsPepper Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22  
Subject: Husband's Dream Date: 1/23/2007 1:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
This morning DH woke up to tell me that he had had a terrible dream. It was so bad that it woke him up early and kept him up until get-up time.

According to him, he dreamed that I was having an affair. He said I was really obnoxious about it - going on and on about how I wanted to bring my new boyfriend over to meet our little girls, etc. The dream was very involved - with him thinking up plans, what to do next, etc. He said he thought about it for a long time after he woke up.

Bottom line - he was literally mad at me all morning!!

I have been on a diet and exercise plan and am doing pretty well with it. Maybe it's making him insecure.

It just doesn't seem right for someone to get mad at me about a dream they had. Especially one so totally ludicrous (I have no desire whatsoever to have an affair - now or ever - and wouldn't even consider having one.)

Ever have the same - been victimized by a spouse's dream or have such a dream yourself?
Thanks,
MsPepper
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BrandNewDay Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 22
Subject: Re: Husband's Dream Date: 1/23/2007 2:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A friend of mine is having similar problems: she's been dreaming of her husband having an affair. She initially thought she was subconsciously anxious about him cheating, until someone else said that perhaps it was related to him getting a new career and being really, really absorbed in it. So, while your husband may not think that you're going to cheat on him, there may be something else going on in your life that makes him feel threatened. A diet/weight loss could be it. Are you doing anything like going back to school for another degree or have you gotten a promotion that makes you work more hours or anything like that?

Author: mapletree7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 22
Subject: Re: Husband's Dream Date: 1/23/2007 2:39 PM
Recommendations: 1
Well, last night I dreamt that my husband got involved in a high-speed police chase with me in the car and wouldn't pull over because he wanted to lose them in Kent Hovind's young-earth themepark/movie theater. Interpret that if you will.

Author: Parkway Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 22
Subject: Re: Husband's Dream Date: 1/23/2007 2:44 PM
I remember once waking up furious at my husband because of something in a dream -- I don't remember the dream, though. I told him about it and we laughed, but even though I intellectually knew better than to stay mad at him, it really did take a while before the emotion dissipated.

- Parkway

Author: bangar8 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 22
Subject: Re: Husband's Dream Date: 1/23/2007 2:51 PM
Last night I dreamt that DH and I were getting married again!! Thats where the dream started, with the implication that we were divorced but wanted another shot at it - no details were there.
Anyway, the ceremony was happening at a very lavish scale, and suddenly I was very embarrassed that since this is the second round, why is there so much pomp and show - shouldn't we just be signing some papers in a judge's chamber and be done with it!!*

I try not to read too much into dreams. Perhaps, your DH too should be a little detached about the dreams.

b8.
*Reminds me to go and tell DH abt the dream. This morning when I woke up I had a bad sore throat and did not feel like talking.

Author: bangar8 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 22
Subject: Re: Husband's Dream Date: 1/23/2007 3:00 PM
Ok, I just told DH about the dream and how I felt shy (meaning embarrassed) in facing all the guests. He said its good that, if not the first time, the second time I was a "demure" bride! LOL!!

Author: mmelydia Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 22
Subject: Re: Husband's Dream Date: 1/23/2007 3:15 PM
I saw a similar post to this a few months ago I think, only in this case it was a husband posting that his wife spent the day being angry with him over a dream she'd had.

DH has had a similar dream on occasion, though I don't specificly remember him being mad at me about it. At least, he didn't seem to be mad at me about it... LOL!

But you're right - makes no sense for him to be mad at you about this -- it was his dream. Hopefully, by the time evening time rolls around, he'll have figured this out and will come home requesting a large piece of humble pie.

~lydia

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 22
Subject: Re: Husband's Dream Date: 1/23/2007 5:48 PM
Ever have the same - been victimized by a spouse's dream or have such a dream yourself?

Many years ago, I had a dream that I was seriously involved with a man at work. The dream was so realistic that when I got to work, I couldnt' figure out why he didn't come over a give me a kiss. I really had to work to remind myself it was a dream and that none of it had happened.

The oddest part is that until I had the dream, I barely knew the man existed. If you had said something about him in a conversation, I would have asked, "Who?".

I never got involed with him or anything, but it was the weirdest feeling for about a week. I really felt like I was harboring some type of secret or something.
Kathleen

Author: DEGbookworm Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 22
Subject: Re: Husband's Dream Date: 2/13/2007 12:11 AM
One time my sister had a dream that she was mad at me, and the feeling was so real that she actually was mad at me for a little bit. She got over it, but as someone else said, it can take a little bit for the feelings to dissipate.

Think about it this way, if he woke up from a romantic dream feeling extra amorous, you probably wouldn't find that strange.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement