UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: susan400 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35392  
Subject: HY or closed end board? Date: 1/3/2005 5:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
anyone aware of a HY or closed end fund board?

I am looking fir the name of the largest closed end, HighYield/junk bond fund.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Crosenfield Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11550 of 35392
Subject: Re: HY or closed end board? Date: 1/3/2005 7:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I don't know but I can narrow the universe for you.

In each issue of Barrons there are two pages of closed end funds. The bond funds are divided into sections. Look at the section of high yield funds. In this week's Barrons I count 37 of them. The return over the past 52 weeks for each of them is conveniently given for you, as well as the premium or discount to net asset value at which each is traded.
One of those would be the biggest. I might prefer the one with the most liquidity, which would be the largest number of shares traded.
You could plug in the symbols for each of the 37 and get information about each. Not an impossible task.
Best wishes, Chris

Author: ngcpa Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11552 of 35392
Subject: Re: HY or closed end board? Date: 1/3/2005 10:30 PM
Susan:
Go to
http://www.etfconnect.com/

In the upper left hand corner you can do searches on different criteria. When you find one that looks interesting, key in the symbol and you will get all kinds of info on it.

Here is another good site for CEF's

http://www.cefa.com/

Norm

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement