UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: aidendey One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35400  
Subject: Hybrid/Other Annuities Date: 4/16/2014 5:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
To My Fav. Fools: Crosenfield, Kahunacfa, Lokicious, and other Fools; Before I am scolded and put in the corner w/ the appropriate dunce cap, allow me this: The Board entitled "Annuities" has not seen a post since 2003. So, I risk the ire of the community posting here a bit out of bounds, in hopes of a better response. Also,regarding the Fools mentioned above: They will always have my gratitude and be bearers of an "IOU" I can never repay. They, in unison, educated me enough so that I could decide against investing in Mortgage Backed Securities in 2007. Priceless knowledge was dispensed and absorbed. Thanks again. My current quandry: Age 59, I have a mid-six figure estate in total, about 50% cash. The investments I have are scattered among 3 low yielding CDs. The 3% APY $100K CD comes due in 15 months. Why not acquire a fixed/hybrid annuity from an A+ rated insurance company, and get $500 or so a month until I'm not around to sign the checks? At 59, I would hopefully live to >79, then I would be living off the insurance company, not simply getting my own money spoon fed back to me. Given my rather unusual life choices, am I among the few an annuity does make sense for? (Any money remaining from my entire estate will be split among 2 charities, so I don't have the great need most people feel to leave as much as possible to heirs, in case that fact figures in the decision making process.) All Input Greatly Appreciated, AD
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement