Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I agree. A better comparison would be to see net worth percentiles by age. And of course the more important measure is to compare yourself to the progress you need to reach your goals.

I agree with MadCapitalist, and dissagree with MadCapitalist, and then I agree with him again. I agree with his agreement. I dissagree with the percentile statement as it is irrelevant to the question*. I fully agree with his statement that you should measure yourself to your goals.

You misunderstood me. As I remember it, the Millionaire Next Door formula is supposed to tell you if you are an Under Accumulator of Wealth (UAW), an Average Accumulator of Wealth (AAW), or a Prodigious Accumulator of Wealth (PAW). These three categories are based on comparisons with others. Looking at the percentiles would give you a better understanding of where you stand in comparison to others than the Millionaire Next Door formula, which appears to be extremely weak in this regard. However, it would still be of very limited usefulness in determining whether you are "on track."
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement