UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HRRotondi Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: I agree with Rich Date: 9/7/2009 5:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have read this whole thread and I agree with Rich, flossary is just kind of weird. But I did come up with one potential name *drumroll* FISCALPEDIA. ???

Heather Rotondi

Buy Fear
Sell Greed
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 550 of 597
Subject: Re: I agree with Rich Date: 9/7/2009 9:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Thanks Heather. I like the "pedia" part.

Now if we could come up with a single first syllable that rolls off the tongue and conveys Motley Fool and investing images I think we would have it.

Taxipedia comes to mind.

How about $$ipedia. Pronounced dollipedia.

$av-ipedia

Fundipedia

Wealthipedia

Richipedia

How about a name after famous financiers--

Rockipedia as in Rockefellar

Aripedia as in Onassis

Onasipedia

Buffipedia

Author: Tastylunch Three stars, 500 posts Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 551 of 597
Subject: Re: I agree with Rich Date: 9/7/2009 10:43 PM
oh cool another naming thread!

How about FoolSaurus?

has that already been suggested? I feel like it might have been.

Kinda whimsical yet fairly easy to understand what it is

I like the sound of saying "Honey can you look up (insert madlib) in the Foolsaurus for me?" :)

" the·sau·rus...
1. a dictionary of synonyms and antonyms.
2. any dictionary, encyclopedia, or other comprehensive reference book.
3. a storehouse, repository, or treasury. "

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thesaurus

Author: havefunsaving Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 552 of 597
Subject: Re: I agree with Rich Date: 9/9/2009 2:55 AM
Recommendations: 1
Speaking of "pedia," I decided on a whim to google "pedia," and here's one of the things I found:

http://www.pedia.com/

Best regards,
Kathie

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 553 of 597
Subject: Re: I agree with Rich Date: 9/9/2009 12:10 PM
Ouch!! Kathie. Thanks.

Sure looks like finding a ???pedia name the lawyers will like (and that can be trade marked) will be quite a challenge.

Now lets see, in the days of basic, you would write program to create every possible prefix/suffix for pedia and then sort through them. As I recall, the story goes that is how the names Kodak and Xerox were created (but manually, before the days of computers).

Dakipedia?

Datapedia?

Roxipedia?

Xeropedia

Profipedia

Monipedia

Moneypedia

Author: Tastylunch Three stars, 500 posts Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 554 of 597
Subject: Re: I agree with Rich Date: 9/9/2009 1:07 PM
LOL
that's pretty crazy site Kathie!

Author: TMFBreakerDave Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 555 of 597
Subject: Re: I agree with Rich Date: 9/11/2009 12:08 AM
Tasty,

I love Foolsaurus.

--David

Author: Tastylunch Three stars, 500 posts Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 556 of 597
Subject: Re: I agree with Rich Date: 9/11/2009 1:07 PM
Cool! Glad I was able to suggest something you found useful!

Author: havefunsaving Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 557 of 597
Subject: Re: I agree with Rich Date: 9/12/2009 2:50 AM
Hey, all!

I decided to brainstorm a bit. If none of these take wing and fly, I'm hoping that one or more of them might trigger some brilliant idea from someone else.

Here goes:

FoolBright (This one's growing on me)

Fooliac

Foolitude

Foolness

Fooliful

Foolicious

JoyFool

FoolJewel

FoolSay

FooLogical

FooLogics

FoolForce

FoolEssence

Foolamentals

Fooladigm

Best regards,
Kathie

Author: PhulishMortal Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 563 of 597
Subject: Re: I agree with Rich Date: 10/29/2009 1:10 PM
How about Foolmanac?

Jesterminology?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement