UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ElricSeven Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1856  
Subject: Re: Research report Date: 2/20/2000 3:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I agree with Russ, perhaps you could post a FAQ that you could refer to in your reports. Also, your overall objectives are just what I am looking for.

I'll get to work on this in a few days. I want to throw down a few more good posts. Great idea, though, you guys are on the ball.

Regarding the subscription, I can see where it might be a problem for TMF to monitor subscriptions if they were for a rolling 12 month period. After all they aren't Newsweek Magazine, but how about getting all this year's reports for a flat fee? Isn't that what TMF is doing with their individual research reports?

People subscribing in the future would get back issues plus all the new reports through the end of the year. If they didn't want the back reports, they could just get the most current and pay for new reports as they came out. Since you are including research on specific companies in each report, those who have an interest in those companies would want the back issues.

The problem with TMF is that they don't want to sell future issues that they are not sure will ever materialize. If something happens to me or the enterprise, then they would be in a bind. A bunch of people without their reports that they had already paid for.

See this post for a more detailed explanation of what I am thinking:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1380646000046003&sort=postdate

From a selfish standpoint it is more attractive to me to pay a flat fee (read"discounted") for an entire year. With all due respect, it is hard for me to justify $120/year for research/information on one sector.

I understand this, and I think that owning a single report will allow you to understand this board sufficiently to benefit from my updates. So its like you are buying a set of "ElricSeven's Research Corner" decoder glasses. Further purchases would be to support my little enterprise and this board or get the information in a much nicer and clearer format.

However, your above point is a good one. As I said before, I will work hard trying to come down on the price. I depends on how well each issues sells. Eventually, I will reach an equilibrium where I can price it just high enough to keep me going.

Realize too, that TMF doesn't want me to practically give away the report because it cuts into their margin too. These transactions are a headache and cost money. The other concern is that cheapness - believe it or not - sometimes indicates low quality and will make people reluctant to purchase.

Go figure, but the statistics bear this out.

I do like the back-issues idea, though. Perhaps when I get four of them out then I can do the back issue thing.

Lots of great help folks.
Thanks.

Greg

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement