No. of Recommendations: 0
I also have a 457 with a good many investment options that I have been satisfied with. I agree that you should call Nationwide and confirm anything your 457 plan representative tells you.

For some reason, Nationwide calls their plans "variable annuities" though they are tax-deferred investment plans similar to 403 (b)s and 401 (k)s (not the kind you are thinking of where you arrange to receive a certain amount of income - those vehicles are expensive and get a lot of bad press).

Call Nationwide and ask them any questions you have. Make sure your organizations's 457 representative answers all your questions too. It can be confusing.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.