No. of Recommendations: 0
As a result of reading the previous 'advice needed' thread I've discovered that I might be eligible for a service award that didn't even exist when I left the Air Force.

Can anyone advise the process to check on whether I am indeed eligible for this award? I left with an honourable discharge in April 1994 but had deployed to Aviano AB in Italy in support of Operation Provide Promise for which no 'award' was available at that time (although my AF Commendation Medal citation does highlight my work supporting the operation).

It looks to me as though the Armed Forces Service Medal would be applicable for my service during that deployment. Can anyone confirm my thinking based on the information I've shared here and, presuming that I am elegible to receive this award, provide advice as to how I could go about getting my records amended?

To slightly complicate things I'm living outside of the CONUS - in the UK, so I can't 'just' head to the nearest DOD establishment to resolve this.

Many thanks.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.