UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: FoolInABox Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75335  
Subject: Re: Hello Date: 6/11/2003 4:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I always thought the longer you take to decide on an investment,
the better it turns out.
This keeps me from rash decisions.
Asset allocation should be well thought out, to fit your personal profile and state of mind. It's different for everyone.
This ( and other boards) are great for answering ones questions.
Good Luck

MEG

MEG, dsemmler, yobria, and all. Thanks for the welcome to Retirement Investing. To tell you the truth I'm a little overwhelmed. The Portfolio Allocation seminar is metering out lessons, while we try to jump ahead on the seminar discussion board, and I bury myself with print-outs, online links, discussion boards, and my circumstances. About 3am this morning I reached a point where I was this close |<>| to understanding it all - like a great vision of personal financial clarity. Then in an instant it was gone and it was just me with too many windows open, printed messages that I couldn't make relevant to my situation, and a feeling of impending doom.

A little sleep and my mood improved noticeably and I thought I would spend some time lurking on the Retire Early board as suggested by dsemmler. HA! I couldn't move my eyes from the screen as I plowed through messages in chronological order and the hair on the back of my neck stood straight out. It was an effort to remind myself that I could make it all go away by just closing my eyes. I have learned quite a bit over the last few days. Most importantly I have learned to go slow and pace myself. I always thought that financial planning would be dry and boring. What a wild place. :-)

FiaB
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement