No. of Recommendations: 31
I am 32. You use an IUD so you are also young.

48, in fact, but thank you for the compliment. It appears that you missed the reason why an IUD is appropriate for me.

I find it interesting that you call me 'young man' as if you are an adult teaching me little lessons.

That's how writing in response to you makes me feel, quite frankly. Your arguments are grounded almost entirely in emotion, your choice of words is relatively limited, and these factors when combined with the overall tone - a combination of swaggering and hectoring that I find especially off-putting - led me to believe you much younger than your actual years.

YOU are the one asking other people to buy your things for you. I pay my own bills. Who is the adult?

My point was that I do pay for insurance, it's rather expensive, and I expect my insurance to pay for a reasonable variety of approved therapies. It doesn't, and there's no good economic or moral reason for that, which I believe I explained in the thread to which I linked.

As for "living in my head rent free," as the saying goes - you are awfully fond of popular platitudes, another reason I misjudged your age - my having a better memory of the things I say and to whom I say them than you have doesn't mean I've been up at night chewing on it like the gum on your bedpost.
Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.