Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: prmadm One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63  
Subject: Re: First! Date: 7/26/2011 5:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am a believer in what Solazyme has to offer, too. I especially like this biofuel player because they have revenue streams in other outlets besides fuel (cosmetics, foods, etc). The recent news of their new hire gives me hope that they have big growth plans in their new future.

It's still a young stock so it's kind of hard to value it. It's value is what the market will pay, right? I think we'll get a better understanding of its value once there's been a few earnings reports and guidance. I am eager for the 4th of August and their first earnings call to come.

For downside protection, and to lower my initial buy in price, I've been selling covered call options on my shares and buying them back as the price dips. I've also got some SEP $25 call options in my portfolio to benefit on any huge upswing in the near term past the strike price. It's a new strategy for me and I'm hopeful it is beneficial in the near term.

I'm really optimistic about this industry and this companies ability to succeed in it. I'm glad to meet a fellow Fool! I hope to see more posts on this board from more Fools.

PRMADM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement