No. of Recommendations: 1
I am a Mac use and have found the new Quicken to work fine.

First I trust you know the Intuit no longer has anything to do with your Quicken, even though they wrote the code and sold the product. The Intuit servers that used to update stock prices no longer "exist" - they undoubtedly physically exist and maybe even some addresses exist, but they are not available to you.

Second I would not be surprised if the new servers owned by H.I.G. Capital have been tweaked to make things work more smoothly with Quicken 2017 and Quicken 2018 (Subscription model).

Third - I am not aware of any updates to Quicken 2015 or 2016 in recent times - so it is possible there are issues that are never going to be resolved for you.

So unless you plan on abandoning Quicken, I say run to get Quicken 2018 ASAP. You are not alone in trying to delay as long as possible. Do you really expect everything will go perfectly smoothly? It won't. The tech support will be covered up. There will be lots of posts on the forums. If the Windows side of things works like the Mac side, you will have to go through a data conversion process. When I converted my Quicken 2015 and 2016 data files to the 2017 format, I had some issues. 2016 data worked just fine. 2015 not so much. I had to get code or key via Chat systems - that took somewhere in the 20 to 40 minute time frame - much testing and information requested with the normal 1 or 2 minute delay waiting for each answer. With the code or key, I than sent my data files off and a couple of days later I got a link back with which I could download my 2017 format data file.

In addition to purchasing 2018, I urge you to get familiar with the support forums. This is by far the best place to get Quicken support - at least on the Mac side. Responses work and usually I get them within an hour or less - sometimes in a couple of minutes. (I post usually in the 10:00am to 6:00pm Eastern - which may be a factor)

Good Luck
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement