No. of Recommendations: 3
I am a MF One subscriber so I have access to all the services. I currently follow Pro, Special Ops, Alpha and some of Supernova. Supernova is still relatively young and it is a different type of service from the others. It is basically a buy and hold portfolio service wrapped around Davids various stock picks in Stock Advisor and Rule Breakers. So far is is performing well, but as I like to say, a monkey would have performed well over the last year.

Anyway, Pro and Special Ops are closer to what Alpha is, a constantly managed portfolio service. I have been with Pro from the beginning and I absolutely love it. The things I have learned from Jeff and his team and from the community are priceless. I would highly recommend this serviceto anyone, it pays for itself over and over both with the performance of the portfolio and with the education you get. I doubt you will find a Pro member that doesn't recommend that service.

I have also been with Special Ops since the beginning. Again, Tom and his team and the community over there are awesome. Special Ops is a higher risk potentially higher reward service. And it is certainly more volatile. While Jeff over at Pro tries for steady low volatility gains SpOps looks for fewer home run picks based on special situations. So far the performance has been so, so, but a lot of the stock picks have not yet had time to work their magic and despite that I will continue to follow the server. Again, the education alone from Tom, his team and the member community is worth the price of admission to me.

I followed Alpha from the start and have been slowly unwinding positions over the last couple months because I wanted to focus more on Pro and SpOps which are great places to hang out :-) I think the problem with Alpha is that the thesis of what it was invested in was correct, I think the timing was just a little bit off.

Anyway, I hope that helps and I hope members don't get discouraged and leave Pro because of what happened with Alpha. There are many great services here and once in a while one is going to under-perform, that's just how it is.

-Bill
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement