Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Okay, let's now look at the other end of the gaming spectrum. This game is by UbiSoft Shanghai using a similar engine to Splinter Cell. The game has a really good story (though I hated the ending), nice bleak graphics, good AI, and a great game mechanic.

You are a survivor of "the event" and have trekked across the country in search of your family. You are also a goodie-two-shoes which means the bulk of the story you are helping others. There will be a sequel.

The wonderful thing about this game is that it is not till much later in the game when you have more than 1-2 bullets in your gun. That changes everything.

A large part of the game is climbing (I better hone up on this before the coming apocalypse) and managing your stamina. I didn't find it got old. In fact I found it quite fun.

Now the save system sucks. I mean is REALLY sucks. You need to sit down for 30-60 minutes at a time. There is no playing for 10 minutes then leaving. Only after full sections does the game seem to save. Not a huge concern for me because I can devote the time to it, plus the game only took me 5 1/2 hours and I completed 17/20 rescues and obviously the whole story.

I know why they have the save system and I almost ran out of retries (loads - they limit this, don't know what happens if you run out) but playing on Normal I didn't run into problems with this.

I'd give it a solid 8/10. This is definitely worth a Steam Sale purchase. Heck, it's probably only $15 so it's worth full price at this point.

Simon
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement