Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Wradical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 123037  
Subject: Re: W2 Question Date: 4/5/2011 7:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I am associated with a 501C3 organization that hired its first paid employees last year. The organization has all the Federal stuff, but we have not received the State ID number. So filling out W2s completely is not possible. We have asked the State officials and they reply "It just takes time." Obviously the employees want to file their taxes before April 15th. Any suggestions?


When you say State ID no., with respect to W-2s, it means the tax account number for filing/paying withholding taxes, not any of the tax-exempt stuff.

So, have they been withholding state taxes from the employees? And not remitting them to the state? That's a can of worms all by itself.

If they have been withholding and paying in the taxes, how have they done it? What kind of forms, and what number have they used on them?

And if they haven't been withholding state taxes, just don't make an entry on the W-2.

And get them done ASAP.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Why Companies Buy Back Shares
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.