Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sante06 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4  
Subject: Re: BGC General cable Date: 1/12/2009 8:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am bullish on this company for the following reasons:

1. Obama or not, the nation's, and more importantly, world's, transmission grid is aging and new electric facilities are needed. BGC has some of the best cable technology in the world for utilities and telecom. I know because I buy it for such projects. Whether or not the US's grid is bolstered in the next few years, most of the international world will need more and more electrical grid capacity. BGC is diversified across the globe.

2. BGC has a very wide moat. Only one other global company - ALCOA - competes with it for the electrial cable market. 3M Corp. also offers some electrical grid cable technology but their cables are very uneconomical and they don't offer the selection that BGC does.

3. BGC makes some of the best underwater cables. As developing nations grow and grow, many of which are islands, they will need access to electrial power. Most of the Carribean islans, for example, are fed from an island with generation and require and underwater cable supply for their electricity. For example, St. Marteen feeds most of the West Indies via underwater cables. BGC is at the forefront of that technology.

4. Electricity is new going away...and will NEVER be wireless.

sante06
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement