Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: scythen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58  
Subject: Re: Exciting Press Release Date: 1/7/2000 5:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am in all likelihood going to be working for RADS after I graduate this May, and I went to the company HQ in Atlanta today to shadow some RADSers and also found out a little more about this.

Radiant's current main product line is a full solution to retail sales needs, from Point-of-sale systems to back-office maintenance systems and HQ systems (including decision support and inventory management). This full-service solution is very high-tech and solves many needs of customers (Ameriking, Amoco, Chick-fil-a, etc...) but its cost makes it available to only large corporations such as these.
With retailenterprise.com (and the general WAVE system that retailenterprise.com is a part of), Radiant is planning to also become an Applications Service Provider for retail stores, and reach out more to both:
a)the smaller corporations with only a few stores and
b)groups that perhaps only run a few franchises of a larger corporation
who cannot afford to implement a customized Radiant solution for their retail needs.
Companies will sign up for a monthly subscriber fee (I have no idea what this would be) and be able to access certain modules of store management software (i.e. everything from Labor Maintenance to Online Purchase Orders to online DSS), which could be picked from (if the company only needed Labor for instance), all of which will be available on the retailenterprise.com site.
In addition to this, Radiant plans to cultivate an online community among these retailers on retailenterprise.com that would allow for collective ordering from large vendors, discussion on current retail issues (message boards like this!) and also an online auction site where items used in retail can be sold (e.g. a Chick-fil-a goes out of business and needs to sell its chicken friers). This "community" idea is similar to other online communities already in place (arriba?) but Radiant believes it will become much more successful that these because of the ASP side of the website.

All in all, retailenterprise.com is the beginning of RADS's push to use the power of the internet to make physical retail sites more powerful and profitable. There are many more VERY exciting developments around the corner in both retailenterprise.com and the RADS-AOL venture. Just wait!

HTH,
Scythen
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement