Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: blackelf Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 93  
Subject: Re: Dillard's Customer Service Date: 8/13/2001 4:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am in Durham, NC. The shoe department manager's estranged husband, an ex-employee that had been laid-off, shot and killed her and then himself in the stockroom of the store late one afternoon about 7 or 8 years ago. The store did not cease operations. Because the bodies were in the stockroom, the crime scene investigation was not hampered by customers, now flocking to the store to rubberneck. When it came time to remove the bodies the police had to insist that the first floor be closed off. Business resumed as usual after the removal of the bodies and no counseling was made available for any employee, especially the that discovered the bodies. The couple's children were notified of the deaths of their parents by the news flash that named their parents as the victims. Corporate management was fully aware and kept aprised of the events and left the matter of how to proceed up to the store manager. Who walked around the store wondering out loud, "Why did this have to happen to me?" The store manager was demoted much later for reasons other than his managerial performance on that day.

The couple was white, meaning that everybody is subject to poor treatment by Dillard's "customer service". I was employed in the shoe department at that store that day.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement