Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 5
I am interested in finding a tax advisor to help me plan and understand my current and future tax situations.

Your question is pretty general, so responses will have to be also. To me, the bottom line is that you're looking for someone experienced with your issues.

If you're thinking of starting a business, you need an accountant. What you spend in fees will more than be repaid in your understanding of the financial side of your business. For nonbusiness issues, either an accountant or an enrolled agent would probably suit your needs. You can find useful links at and

If you have a specific issue, such as stock options, talk to others in the same situation. A referral from a statisfied client is the best lead you can get.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.