No. of Recommendations: 1
I am just starting to learn and brush up on some of this. I am a retired accountant by trade(not CPA) and will be reading the IRS Pubs etc to bone up on this topic.

Pub 590 is a good start

Is it correct to assume that if I do a direct Trustee to Trustee transfer there will be no Form 1099R send to me from the sending Trustee?

No, assuming it's more than $10. While reviewing the IRS pubs, you can take a look at the instructions for 1099-Rs, too:

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.