No. of Recommendations: 0
I am looking for ways in which I can increase my retirement contributions. I am self employed and I have no employees.

Have you considered a Keogh plan? They have the highest limit of any retirement plan - $35,000 for 2001 IIRC. Since you don't have employees, you won't have to worry about the testing provisions that go with a Keogh. You will have to file an annual report on form 5500EZ, but for a one participant plan, it's pretty simple.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.