UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: culcha Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 267104  
Subject: Re: FOOLX - What am I missing? Date: 1/18/2013 3:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I am new to TMF, but been investing for well over 30 years. I saw the FOOLX investment fund for the first time this morning and I'm thinking "WHY"? I'm not trying to be cute about this. I am simply not understanding the low ROI. If I am reading it correctly, the return since inception hasn't even matched the S&P. Even with my mostly conservative approach, I can get over 20% annualized return.

I've been lurking and posting on these boards for about 12 years now, where I have learned a great deal about investing, owning rental property, retirement planning, the operation of the tax laws, and much else. I've never bought a Fool product, however. I think the Fool newsletters and funds such as FOOLX are pretty much a waste of time. There are some incredibly smart and helpful people on these boards though, and that's what keeps me coming back

Here are some boards (and posters) that I have learned from: Tax Strategies board (populated by some very knowledgeable and very helpful tax pros and other tax experts -- far more helpful that the IRS itself; the Deranged Monkey Criticism board; The BMW Board; the Mechanical Investing board (especially posts by mungofitch, Zeelotes, and Rayvt) the METAR board (Macro Economic Trends and Risks) (especially posts by WendyBG), Atheist Fools, and many others.

culcha
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement