Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am not a big fan of allowance on a regular basis. The idea of working on regular chores and earning respect and minding rules will get them a lot further at when it comes to getting what they want. If they mind and respect me then I am a little more willing to get them something that cost a few (literally a few) more dollars. My kids understand the only time they get anything is Christmas or birthday. They a few items a season changes but not much. I did chew my daughter out, maybe more then I should earlier this week for the shoes and her sweaters and jeans (which have holes around the wrist and knees) and and then since things are financialy tight I have been working extra hours and not seeing them all week besides bedtime and morning so in a round about way she has seen what I am talking about and her behavior has been great. The current solution since I won't buy her any replacements is she has to pick out her outfit at night and present it to me before she goes to bed. I can then see what matches, the condition of the clothes(dirty, clean, holes) and it is making her more aware of what she is wearing and paying attention more. I feel bad when I take out my stress on them but they are the reason that I work like I do and I feel they need to respect what I do and what they have. I appriciate the feedback and ideas and support from everyone and I am striving to be patient with them and teach them value not stress and anger. I am going to trail and error some new ideas and see what my kids take to. Thank you everyone.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement