Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am not a tax attorney, but I am treasurer of a tax-exempt religious organization. As such, we do not need to file tax returns with the IRS or the state. We do send a letter to each contributor annually thanking them for their contribution, the total amount for the year, and a statement to the effect that they received no goods or services in return for their contribution (if that is true, as it always has been). If people itemized, they might request a similar statement with each contribution if they requested, but no one ever has.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.