Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
I am not a tax person or a lawyer, but I do know that using 3 or 7 or any other specific number is not the answer. It depends on the records. Some records with regard to realestate need be kept until after you sell the property. In the case of records showing your purchase price, stock dividends, etc. need be kept until a period of years after the investment is sold.

Get professional advice - from someone who knows the law in your state. Probably a tax person is a good place to start.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.